As the only Unitarian Universalist congregation between Plano, TX and Norman,
OK, Red River Unitarian Universalist Church aspires to meet the needs of
religious liberals living in a large area of north Texas and southern Oklahoma.
RRUU members and friends come from Sherman, Denison, Pottsboro, Van Alstyne,
Howe, Savoy, Sadler, Southmayd, Gunter, Whitesboro, Whitewright, Princeton, and
Bonham in Texas and from Durant, Colbert, Cartwright in Oklahoma to attend
Sunday services and other church activities.
We are a diverse group of people from all over Grayson
County and Fannin County, Texas and Bryan County, Oklahoma who meet on Sundays and other
times in our building in Denison, Texas because we
share common values and common goals. We don't all believe the same things
about God, Jesus, the afterlife, or other theological matters, but we all
share pretty much the same views about religion.
- is open to all people
- encourages you to develop your own theology
- is run entirely by its own members using the democratic process,
not by a denominational hierarchy
- remains open to the truth and wisdom found in all world religions,
all holy scriptures, as well as secular thought
- believes in helping children ask and answer their own questions
rather than telling them all the answers
- encourages its members to join together to work for justice and
compassion for all human beings
- emphasizes our responsibility to be wise and careful stewards of
the earth's natural resources
- has a long and proud history and heritage of teaching tolerance,
supporting freedom, practicing compassion, seeking justice, and
Then you might be a Unitarian Universalist! Go to
www.beliefnet.com to find out.